Coconut oil an amazing edible oil extracted from the ‘meat’ of mature coconuts. Its antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral properties have made it the new go-to health oil for humans. But did you know that it’s also good for your dog or cat? Check out these amazing benefits for your four-legged friends!
Skin and Coat
- Helps sooth eczema, dermatitis & itchy skin.
- Naturally reduce “doggy odor” when applied to coat.
- Can be used to treat fungal infections.
- Acts like a natural disinfectant for abrasions and minor cuts.
- Promotes healing and treats hot spots, bites and stings.
- Best possible way to treat dry rough patches on paw pads and doggy elbows.
- Improves nutrient absorption and aids in digestion.
- Helps with digestive disorders like inflammatory bowl.
- A soft bristle toothbrush coated with coconut oil is a great way to clean your pet’s teeth & gums. I have personally used this for years. My 12+ year old Pekingese has all but one of his shiny chompers! (He lost one in a play accident.)
Especially For Cats
- Coconut & Coconut Oil helps with hairballs! Coco Therapy makes a great product specifically for this issue.
I use coconut oil, in moderation, with my dogs mixed in to their food on average 1 teaspoon for my 9lb Pekingese, 2 teaspoons for my 20 lb Boston Pug mixes, and 1Tablespoon for my 95 lb Dane Lab mix two or three times per week.
I recommend coconut oil to customers’ pets for all of the above uses and my absolute favorite brand is Coco Therapy. Coco Therapy makes wonderful coconut oils and treats for dogs and cats, and Urban Pet Hub stocks their full line. Coco Therapy owns their family coconut plantation and production facilities making the finest Human Grade, Organic (certified USDA), non GMO trans-fat free products for your furry friends!
Stop by anytime and check out our full line of pet products. I’m happy to help you find just the right thing for your pet’s needs.
Urban Pet Hub