Nesin Therapy Services offers safety tips to protect your child’s back this year.
Back Pack Safety Tips
#1- Lighten The Load
- Keep the load at 10-15% or less of the child's body weight.
- Carry only those items that are required for the day.
- Organize the contents of the backpack by placing the heaviest items closest to the back.
#2- Wear Both Straps
- Use of only one strap causes one side of the body to bear the weight of backpack.
- By wearing two shoulder straps, the weight is better distributed.
#3- Wear It Right
- Wear the backpack over the strongest mid-back muscles.
- The backpack should rest evenly in the middle of the back.
- Should straps should not be too loose, and the backpack should not extend below the low back.
Click here for the Back Pack Safety Flyer.