Are you opening a new business? Have you or are you relocating your business? Do you have a special anniversary coming up? Are you or have you remodeled your business? Do you have an award to share? Have you won a new contract? Whatever the reason, the Madison Chamber of Commerce looks forward to assisting you with your event celebration!
How To Setup a Ribbon Cutting for Your Company:
- Contact the MCC office and speak with the MCC Events & Marketing Coordinator. We will work with you to secure a date.
- Note: The best days to have a ribbon cutting event are Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and the best times are 11:00AM or 4:00PM allowing for better attendance, which should be one of your goals.
- The Chamber Events & Marketing Coordinator handles most aspect of a member's grand opening and/or ribbon cutting, to include securing the attendance of elected officials, Chamber Ambassadors, Board Members and Chamber Members.
- If you are a Huntsville Business and a member of the Huntsville Chamber, and desire to have a dual ribbon cutting event, the Huntsville Chamber will take the lead with the event activities. However, the Madison Chamber Staff, Ambassadors and members will be in attendance to support your business. We will design an online invitation to send to our membership database inviting them to attend your ribbon cutting event. We will also schedule an event announcement on Facebook to advertise your ribbon cutting event.
What We Ask of “you”, Our Member is:
- If you desire, send invitations to your clients (email or snail mail)
- Provide refreshments
- Provide promotional items with your company name or logo that guests can take away with them.
- Introduce yourselves to the prominent guests, such as Mayor or Mayor’s representative, MCC Board President, and city council that may attend.
- For your entire staff: put on your best Public Relations personality and make sure that the whole staff welcomes your guests, mingles and in general make the guests feel welcome. Show your excitement about your new business &/or facility.
- A representative from your company should prepare a brief speech. You want to say thank you to those who attend and celebrate with you, but you also want to take this opportunity to tell what your business specializes in, your accomplishments and goals and perhaps even why you've chosen Madison for your location. Think of it this way, what makes your business different from others who are providing a similar service or product? Invite those in attendance to try your business.
Typical Agenda for Ribbon Cutting Event
- Welcome by MCC Staff &/or Board of Directors
- Introduction of Mayor or his representative, if scheduled to attend
- Speech by “your” company representative
- Gather everyone to cut the ribbon, take pictures and the celebration begins.
- Refreshments (optional but recommended)
- Tours of your establishment (also optional but recommended)
Remember: This event is focused on the “name of your business.” Take this opportunity to show what your business is all about. This is networking at its finest with your company in the spotlight. Getting to know more people will boost your customer base. Make the most of it!